Starting To Write – An Introduction To Writing With Miles Salter
Are you interested in writing? Would you like to develop your skill and understanding of the writing process?
Miles Salter has thirty years of experience in writing, and has published several books. He has also had poems published in numerous journals and anthologies and written for national and regional newspapers. He has also worked as a Visiting Lecturer in Creative Writing at Leeds Trinity University.
Miles can guide you through the first steps in writing, and help you to understand some of the key early lessons in learning to write. This course is aimed at writers who have started to write recently, and want to develop their skills.
The course takes place over five weeks and covers the following:
- Writing clearly.
- Writing good sentences – the building block of writing well.
- Learning to use our senses (sights, sounds and smells).
- Setting the scene.
- First steps in poetry.
- First steps in fiction.
- ‘Show don’t tell’ – a rule of writing.
- ‘Less is more’ – a rule of writing.
- Lessons are conducted on a group or one-to-one basis.
- A reading list is provided to help you develop your reading.
Lessons are conducted via zoom or skype, or over the phone.
Length of course: five x one hour sessions.
Cost of course: £100.00
For more information, please email Miles: firstname.lastname@example.org